Detailed description of Chess Assistant Light
2. List and splitting
3. View mode
4. Playing a game
Chess Openings 2001 offers a huge amount of possible searches allowing you to search
for just about anything. Enhancements were made to some of the pre-existing searches, and
a new category for maneuvers (simple or complex) was created. You will also find that it
is unbeaten as for the speed of its searches.
The following are the types of searches available, with a brief description, which can
be used individually or in any combination:
6.1. Search for header
- Headers: name, ECO, dates, annotator, range of moves,
6.2. Search for position
- Position: setup a specific position or choose specific
conditions such as squares where any piece, or only certain pieces can appear. Here you
can also set it to look in variations, mirror flank situations, and bishops of opposite
(or the same) colors.
6.3. Search for material
- Material: a number of pieces,
material imbalances, the time the imbalance lasted, and the total number of pieces.
- Advanced: set up searches on only
the specific parts of the board.
- Comments: search for commented
games, as well as any specific commentary.
- Maneuvers: This new category
permits you not only to search for one-step maneuvers such as the Greek gift (bishop
sacrifice on h7/h2), but also more complex ones in several steps such as the common
Sicilian exchange sacrifice on c3 followed one move later by a knight capture on e4. For
example, you can determine how many moves are between the two steps, and whether the rook
came from a specific square on the c-file or any square on the c-file.
All the searches can be saved and organized into a special classifier that can be used
later at any time, plus they can be exchanged between other users.
When working within a specific game, it goes without saying that there are certain
types of searches you will want more often, so presets were added to the search button allowing you in a single click to:
- Search for current material
- Search for current pawn structure
- Search for current material difference
- Search for current pawn structure and material
7. Trees and Cap data
8. Folders/classifiers and Classes
9. Printing and Exporting
11. Fonts, colors, pieces, backgrounds and DGT board